Do you think your particular industry is not suited for online programs? Let’s explore…
Why create online programs?
People who have been in traditional business for decades are now recognizing that times are not normal and online is the way to move forward. Going online can benefit you in the following ways:
1. You’ll have a more diverse source of income. Your physical store may be closed, but you can still create income from an online program.
2. You get to do something that you are passionate about. An online platform could be the perfect way for you to work on something you’re really passionate about. This new avenue could be a good leverage tool for your existing brand.
3. You connect with customers or clients despite social distancing restrictions. You can even connect with people who live halfway across the world or those in varying time zones so you have more opportunity to expand your audience.
4. You position yourself as an authority. You may doubt the level of your expertise in your chosen topic, or may be thinking “who am I to be teaching this?”, but there will always be someone who doesn’t know what you know and will benefit from your program.
Now is the time to launch your program so that you can capture the attention of your target audience.
What topics are the best for your online program?
I have yet to find an industry which an online program wouldn’t work for. Sometimes the solution comes easily, and sometimes you may need to think outside the box.
Let’s take a look at a couple of examples with two very different industries.
Tradies like plumbers, carpenters, or electricians usually think that the virtual world is not for them since they work with their hands. But there are many opportunities for online programs. Why? Because you have a tangible skill that you can teach someone else.
For example, you may be an expert at integrating time-saving tech in your business. So, why not create a program that will help other business owners make sure that they’re productive and increasing their income through saving time with processes?
Or maybe you’ve successfully scaled your business to multiple locations. You’ll be able to help budding entrepreneurs learn the ins and outs of starting and expanding their businesses.
Here is another industry that seems far removed from online programs but think of the tasks that you repeat over and over again in your business.
For a specific example, if you’re a mortgage broker then maybe you could create a program that helps clients to get their finances in order so they are in the best position to get their loan approved.
Sometimes you may think that you don’t want to teach people the skills of your industry because that’s the service you provide, and if you teach them they won’t hire you.
I’ve learned, though, that there are two types of people who sign up for a program: those who were never going to work with you and just want to learn the skills you’re offering to teach; and those who realize that learning what you teach is difficult, and they will hire you to complete their project.
Either way, you will not lose money. In fact, your income will increase.
PS. Whenever you’re ready, here are 3 ways I can help you grow your coaching business right now:
1. Join The Thought Leaders Business Lab Community
This free Facebook community is for coaches, consultants, authors, speakers, and course creators who are also growing and scaling their business – Click Here to Join
2. Subscribe To The Thought Leaders Business Lab Podcast
With episodes dropping every Monday & Thursday, join me as I explore the current business growth and marketing strategies to create a successful coaching business – Listen Here
3. Join The Inner Circle
Are you ready to transform your knowledge into successful coaching programs so you can have more freedom and do work that matters? The Inner Circle may be just what you’re looking for… Check it out here.