People usually think of branding being logos, colors, and catchy phrases.
Whilst that’s one part, branding is so much more than that. You can use cool taglines and fancy images and yet not stand out amongst the crowd.
Personal branding is about how people perceive you and say about you.
In this episode, Ben Baker joins us to talk about personal branding and how it can affect your business.
Ben shares tips about where to begin to establish your personal brand, and the importance of it in business.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- What is a personal brand? (0:50)
- Knowing when to use the right analogy to connect to your personal brand (2:03)
- The importance of having a personal brand (7:19)
- Being a commodity VS. Having a community (13:19)
- How powerful is your personal brand? (15:19)
- If you’ve never had a personal brand, do you need to bother now? (21:04)
- Placing you personal brand in a positive light (25:28)
- Reaching your prime (29:33)
- Where to start when creating your brand (35:44)
Ben Baker has been helping his clients communicate more effectively for over a quarter of a century.
His focus today is helping companies communicate their brand story within the company so that employees feel engaged, want to remain with the company and grow with it.
Statistics show that every employee you lose costs you $100k on average to replace, Your Brand Marketing and Ben Baker work to help you fix the revolving door of employment.
Ben is the author of “Powerful Personal Brands” the host of the IHeart and Spotify syndicated YourLIVINGBrand.live show and developer and chief facilitator of the “How to Retain Employees Through Leadership” workshop and course.
Ben consults with his clients, helps them develop and implement action plans and delivers keynotes and workshops to help drive the messages home.
CONNECT WITH BEN BAKER
Get your copy of Powerful Personal Brands
Listen to Ben’s show, YourLivingBrand.Live
Connect with Ben on LinkedIn
Connect with Ben on Twitter
Connect with Ben on Facebook
Connect with Ben on YouTube
Do you have a guest suggestion for the Thought Leaders Business Lab podcast, a suggestion for a topic, or maybe a question you’d like answered on the show? Click here and let us know: https://samanthariley.global/submit-suggestion/