Numbers. Finances. Financial reports and systems.
These are just some of the words that challenge business owners often but something that is extremely crucial in any business.
But what if you don’t consider yourself a numbers person?
If you can resonate, then this podcast is for you.
In this episode, Samantha and Meryl talk about what you need to know to be confident in knowing your numbers and building a strong financial system that will work for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Tips on financing your way into a business (8:58)
- First stepping stone to building your business (11:14)
- The Profit First methodology (12:34)
- Being confident with numbers (15:30)
- Importance of getting the right team for your business (17:00)
- What knowing your numbers actually mean (17:23)
- The two key financial reports you need to have (19:13)
- Elements of a financial system (19:46)
- Do you need to use an accounting system like Xero straight away? (21:38)
- Disadvantages of using a Spreadsheet in the long run (24:21)
- Communicating with your accountant (26:03)
- Financial system frameworks (27:20)
Meryl is a Chartered Accountant who specialises in cloud accounting software “Xero”.
She is the Founder and CEO of Bean Ninjas, which helps eCommerce businesses, agencies and coaches & consultants with their bookkeeping and financial reporting.
The business is now almost 5 years old and has a distributed team of 15+.
Bean Ninjas were recently awarded the prestigious Xero Bookkeeping Partner of the Year for Australia.
Prior to Bean Ninjas Meryl worked at international accounting firm BDO, ran a consulting business and taught accounting at a local University.
SIGN UP FOR THE FREE ONLINE MASTERCLASS – Foundations of Strong Financial Systems
Poor financial systems and a lack of financial literacy can lead to very expensive mistakes (fraud or even bankruptcy), and I don’t wish that for anyone.
So if you know that financial systems are not a strong area for you, then make sure you sign up for this free online masterclass. >> REGISTER HERE <<
RESOURCES DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE
Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
Do you have a guest suggestion for the Thought Leaders Business Lab podcast, a suggestion for a topic, or maybe a question you’d like answered on the show? Click here and let us know: https://samanthariley.global/submit-suggestion/