As a leader, how can you get your idea out of your head and into someone else’s so that they can “see” what you are saying?
In this episode of the Thought Leaders Business Lab, Todd shares his four-part framework on VisuaLeadership. He talks about the power of visual thinking in leadership in order to improve understanding and engagement across your organization.
Through his methodology, he uses visual thinking to leverage the power of mental models, visual imagery, metaphor or analogy, and storytelling to more effectively and efficiently manage and lead your people.
Know your vision and have the right tools to turn it into reality.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Picture superiority effect (6:19)
- Dual Coding Theory (6:41)
- What is Visual Leadership? (6:54)
- What does it mean to have a leadership vision? (7:36)
- Learning curves for leaders (10:04)
- The burden of miscommunication (10:34)
- The four-part framework of Visual Leadership (10:51)
- #1 Visual Images and Drawing (13:11)
- #2 Mental Models and Frameworks (15:56)
- #3 Metaphors and Analogies (22:36)
- #4 Storytelling and Humor (14:25) (27:05)
- The beginner’s mind (18:50)
- Storytelling and story listening (29:39)
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- TEDx Talk: The Power of Visual Thinking
- VisuaLeadership: Leveraging The Power Of Visual Thinking In Leadership And In Life by Todd Cherches
- What Would Your Baseball Ask: Business Coaching Wisdom from the Ball Field by Todd Cherches and Deborah Grayson Riegel
Todd Cherches is the CEO and Co-founder of BigBlueGumball, a New York City-based consulting firm specializing in leadership development and executive coaching. He is also a three-time award-winning Adjunct Professor of leadership at NYU and Columbia University, a TEDx speaker, and the author of VisuaLeadership: Leveraging the Power of Visual Thinking in Leadership and in Life (Post Hill Press/Simon & Schuster, 2020).
CONNECT WITH TODD CHERCHES
Join the discussion thread for this episode over at The Thought Leaders Business Lab Community Facebook Group.
CONNECT WITH SAMANTHA RILEY
Haven’t left a review yet? We’d love your help to get to 100 reviews. All you have to do is go to https://samanthariley.global/itunes Thanks so much for your support of the show!
Do you have a guest suggestion for the Thought Leaders Business Lab podcast, a suggestion for a topic, or maybe a question you’d like answered on the show? Click here and let us know: https://samanthariley.global/submit-suggestion/