Time is the most valuable thing for any entrepreneur. As your business becomes busier by the second and demands are piling up every day, it can be difficult to keep up. There always seems to be something that demands your attention.
Instead of asking yourself “how do I fit all these tasks in?”, try asking yourself “how do I remove myself from the equation and still achieve great results?”
In this episode, we deep dive into how to really find freedom in your business and the power of building a business that can work without you.
A business that is independent of its owner is worth much more than an owner-dependent one. A business that truly serves your life is a business that gives you the freedom of choice.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Look at business as a product that can be bought, sold and add value to (6:56)
- Find your zone of genius (8:51)
- Building yourself a job (09:03)
- Trying new things out (9:33)
- Finding the balance between trying new things and dipping your toe in the water (10:32)
- What are you already great at that you’re just not seeing? (12:07)
- Ask others where they see your greatest value is (13:06)
- Going all in (14:54)
- Mental shifts you need to make a change (16:16)
- Removing yourself from your business (19:07)
- Make the decision that you’re going to do it (20:10)
- Knowing your personality and who you are (21:28)
- Running your own race (22:10)
- Say no to cookie-cutter systems (22:38)
- Realization of financial freedom (25:17)
- The leader stage of your business (27:34)
- Entrepreneurship is constant problem solving (34:16)
- The value of building a business that can work without you (34:37)
- What’s the point of growing? (43:00)
- Life isn’t about me but about we (44:18)
Carl Taylor is an entrepreneur, #1 Notable business author, and Australia’s leading freedom focused business strategist.
For more than 2 decades, Carl has walked the entrepreneurs journey, starting, buying, building and selling businesses from Gift Baskets to IT Services.
After teaching himself to code in the mid 90’s, he started his first business in 2001 at the age of 15 and went on to sell 3 businesses and become the author of a #1 business book all before the age of 25.
After financially retiring at the age of 31 his focus shifted from self security towards contribution and being a guiding light for others through his books, speaking, social media content and privately held businesses.
His fundamental belief is that business and wealth are best used to create a rising tide that raises the standards of living for all.
Join the discussion thread for this episode over at The Thought Leaders Business Lab Community Facebook Group.
Haven’t left a review yet? We’d love your help to get to 100 reviews. All you have to do is go to http://samanthariley.global/itunes Thanks so much for your support of the show!
Do you have a guest suggestion for the Thought Leaders Business Lab podcast, a suggestion for a topic, or maybe a question you’d like answered on the show? Click here and let us know: https://samanthariley.global/submit-suggestion/