Intellectual property, or IP, is the physical manifestation – an invention, book, video, class, podcast – that is created from your thoughts and imagination. For thought leaders, IP is fundamental. It is the tool they use to build and expand their audience, build their online presence, earn more money, and more time.
The digital age has radically changed the way expertise is valued and accessed. But it is not enough to know what you know. You must find a way to share your knowledge in a way that engages your audience.
In this episode we unpack the steps to packaging your intellectual property and turning it into your unique methodology.
As individuals, we each have different IP because of the way we think and understand things. Because of this, there is no one way to productize your knowledge. It takes experience and continuous learning to find out the best way for you to package your IP.
You don’t have to do it all. The important thing is to follow your natural curiosity and remain your authentic self.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- We all have different Intellectual Property (4:29)
- We have different influences (5:10)
- “That person copied me” (6:01)
- What you’re talking about is pulled from different places (6:37)
- 4 Steps to package your IP (8:46)
- Being afraid to choose a niche (10:33)
- What is a niche? (11:14)
- KEEP Principle: Knowledge, Expertise, Experience, Passion (14:55)
- Embracing your failures (19:55)
- Creating your methodology (24:26)
- Creating your delivery and visual models (27:40)
- Building authority (32:37)
- Three ways to help you build authority (33:11)
- The more you share your message, the more methodologies you create (34:09)
Join the discussion thread for this episode over at The Thought Leaders Business Lab Community Facebook Group.
Haven’t left a review yet? We’d love your help to get to 100 reviews. All you have to do is go to http://samanthariley.global/itunes Thanks so much for your support of the show
Do you have a guest suggestion for the Thought Leaders Business Lab podcast, a suggestion for a topic, or maybe a question you’d like answered on the show? Click here and let us know: https://samanthariley.global/submit-suggestion/