Life happens FOR you and not TO you. When you recognize and embrace that, the truth is, that even a global pandemic is happening for you and won’t stop you from creating the life you want.
In this episode, we delve into how you can create the life you want through your habits, the people you surround yourself with, your mindset, and beliefs. If you work on something every single day, eventually you are going to get there. It’s all about being persistent in the process.
Remember that living on purpose does not happen by accident. Spend time today writing down who you want to be in every area of your life. Decide who you want to be, and then take action every single day.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Procrastinating in our comfort zone (7:53)
- Creating your life on purpose (10:00)
- Life happens for you, not to you (11:00)
- Morning routine (11:50)
- Setting your intentions at the start of the day (12:26)
- Your goals for the day (13:35)
- Enjoy the journey through loving life itself (14:33)
- Coping vs Creating (15:56)
- Pivoting in the time of crisis (17:24)
- Changing your habits (19:07)
- Seek somebody who emulates the habits you want to emulate (20:55)
- Consume content that can feed your brain (21:06)
- Surrounding yourself with the right people (22:44)
- Who is your tribe? (23:57)
- Patience is key to the world of possibilities (28:28)
- The thin line between allowing and forcing (30:05)
- The opposite of curiosity is judgment (30:57)
- Changing should to could (32:50)
- We all want to be authentic but don’t want to be judged (34:30)
- Let the song of your soul sing (36:48)
- Judgment is something that we do that keeps us separate (37:33)
- The 4 Minute Millionaire (38:02)
- Celebrate your life as often as possible (43:08)
- What are you creating now? (45:47)
- Be present (46:36)
- Create joy (46:49)
- Living on purpose does not happen by accident (49:25)
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Be Patient Be Present Be Joyful by Ryan Stanley
Ryan is a lifelong entrepreneur who is known for his impressively natural ability to connect with, understand and empower those who are willing to make significant changes in their personal and professional lives so they can end up being the best versions of themselves. Since graduating from The Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC) in 2009 as a Certified Professional Coach (CPC) Ryan has changed the lives of hundreds of clients from all walks of life. More recently, Ryan has also been working at his alma mater as both an Admissions Coach, where he closed almost $22 Million in sales in 8 years, and as their first ever Internal Coach where he coached staff from entry level to C suite on everything from daily professional growth to how they want to show up energetically in other more personal areas of their life.
In July of 2019 Ryan published his first book titled ‘Be Patient, Be Present, Be Joyful: A First Aid Kit for the Emotional Bumps, Scrapes, and Bruises of Life’. It can be found anywhere that books are sold and on his own website at https://www.ryanstanley.com/
In the Spring of 2020 Ryan took his sales and coaching expertise to new levels by co-founding Teach Me to Sell, an online Sales Training Organization focusing on working closely with Service Oriented SoloPreneurs or SOS’s (Coaches, Consultants, Direct Sales) as well as those new to any sales role in purpose driven organizations to help them push past fears and blocks around sales.
CONNECT WITH RYAN STANLEY
Get a copy of Ryan’s book – Be Patient, Be Present, Be Joyful
Get a copy of free ebook
Listen to Ryan’s audio blog
Connect with Ryan on Instagram and Facebook
Connect with Ryan on LinkedIn
Connect with Ryan on Twitter
Join the discussion thread for this episode over at The Thought Leaders Business Lab Community Facebook Group.
Haven’t left a review yet? We’d love your help to get to 100 reviews. All you have to do is go to https://samanthariley.global/itunes Thanks so much for your support of the show!
Do you have a guest suggestion for the Thought Leaders Business Lab podcast, a suggestion for a topic, or maybe a question you’d like answered on the show? Click here and let us know: https://samanthariley.global/submit-suggestion/