In today’s world where everyone is over-accessible, where there is constant interruption and demand for your attention even after work hours, it’s easy for your personal and professional boundaries to blur.
Entrepreneurs often find it difficult to set personal boundaries because of their passion for what they do, so they forego the importance of boundaries. Without it, productivity decreases, and your clients and business will suffer.
In this episode, Marcia shares why having boundaries at work is essential for entrepreneurs. We delve into the different ways you can set healthy boundaries in your business.
Determine what is important to you in your life and then create your boundaries from there. To create a better business, you first have to protect your businesses’ most important asset and that is you.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Burnout is inevitable (4:23)
- Unable to care for your clients because of burnout (6:50)
- A-ha moments during rest (7:26)
- Having boundaries helps your clients in the long run (7:57)
- Over-accessibility of everyone (9:02)
- Not having to reply right away (11:07)
- Putting up boundaries to protect yourself (12:07)
- Coming from your highest values gives you insight into the boundaries you need to set (14:19)
- Removing notifications from your phone (14:40)
- The best way to treat a client (15:03)
- Be a good example to your clients (16:37)
- Caring for your clients does not mean them having access to you 24/7 (16:47)
- People with boundaries are respected more (17:35)
- Enabling others to be resourceful (18:32)
- “How I Work” Document (19:06)
- Boundary board (20:02)
- Professional life boundaries (22:23)
- You control your calendar (24:17)
- Journaling (26:36)
- Boundary boss (26:50)
- Boundary buddy (28:44)
- Questioning yourself because of your boundaries (29:17)
- New level, new devil (29:35)
- Prior proper planning prevents poor performance (31:04)
- Time blocking (31:34)
- You are your own advocate (32:17)
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Building Better Boundaries Quick Start Guide
Marcia Sheehan is a self-empowerment serial entrepreneur. She is best known for being a fierce advocate for self-prioritization. Currently, she consults for solopreneurs, is a facilitator of the annual Connector Conference that she founded, and is managing partner of HerHideaways, an overnight self-care staycation service in Occoquan, VA USA.
CONNECT WITH MARCIA SHEEHAN
Visit Marcia’s Website
Connect with Marcia on Facebook and Instagram
Join the discussion thread for this episode over at The Thought Leaders Business Lab Community Facebook Group.
CONNECT WITH SAMANTHA RILEY
Join me on Instagram and Facebook
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Haven’t left a review yet? We’d love your help to get to 100 reviews. All you have to do is go to https://samanthariley.global/itunes Thanks so much for your support of the show!
Do you have a guest suggestion for the Thought Leaders Business Lab podcast, a suggestion for a topic, or maybe a question you’d like answered on the show? Click here and let us know: https://samanthariley.global/submit-suggestion/
Leave a Reply