With the rise of digital advancement and automation, people appreciate personalization even more.
In this episode, search engine marketing expert, Damon Burton shares with us how he has grown his business and how you can use these techniques to grow yours. We delve into the practical ways to create genuine relationships with your clients, balancing automation and personalization, and the importance of SEO for your business.
With SEO, when you write good content, solve problems, and answer questions, it will future-proof your SEO. If you can provide content that solves problems uniquely, you can rank uniquely.
But with the information overload of what you have to do for your business to grow, this may cause analysis-paralysis. Instead of overthinking things, try taking imperfection actions and start.
Start in order to figure out what’s going to work. Once you start, don’t give up.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Search Engine Optimization (4:00)
- People want to work with people they can trust (08:09)
- The importance of transparency (8:30)
- Justifying your rates (9:36)
- Niching down (12:33)
- Starting with high ticket prices (12:43)
- Building relationships with your clients (14:20)
- Balancing automatization and personalization (15:00)
- Anti-automation (18:25)
- Removing decision fatigue (19:55)
- Automate the systems but not the relationships (20:11)
- Creating a team before taking on big talents (24:30)
- Client retention (30:48)
- Providing transparency with your clients (31:26)
- Educating your clients and setting expectations (32:46)
- How SEO applies to coaches and mentors (35:09)
- You can’t rank uniquely without providing something unique (36:36)
- Google wants to provide an answer to user’s problems (37:16)
- Google’s auto-complete results (39:40)
- Using answerthepublic.com (40:35)
- Google can only rank what it can read (42:50)
- Voice search (43:29)
- Repurposing your content (44:34)
- Doing one thing really well (45:28)
- You have to start (50:15)
- Reach out to your fellow entrepreneurs (51:25)
This search engine marketing expert has beat billion dollar companies at their own game and has proven strategies to grow your business.
Over a decade ago he beat a billion dollar company by outranking their website on Google. Since then, he knew he was onto something and has gone on to build an international search engine marketing company that’s worked with NBA teams, and Inc 5000 & Shark Tank featured businesses.
Having started his business right before the 2008 recession, Damon is familiar navigating and growing a business through times like today. Never before has there been so many people needing something to focus their attention on… AND the time to do it.
Since founding his company SEO National in 2007, he writes for Forbes, has been featured in publications including Entrepreneur Magazine, BuzzFeed and USA Weekly, and has helped high-profile clients make more in a month than they used to in a year.
Not only does Burton bring an easy-to-follow approach to increasing your revenue and online visibility, he’s a trusted educator on the subject and has literally written the book on how to “Outrank” your competition. His new book Outrank serves as a guide to those who want to dominate Google’s search results without paying for ads.
Writing Outrank, Damon hopes to motivate business owners and educate them on search engine marketing while weaving real-life inspiring stories from his two decades of experience online. “Whether you are a beginner or an expert, when you read through the whole book, I am confident that you will walk away with new perspectives on how to increase your website’s traffic through search engine optimization,” he said. As the economy shifts to digital, his expertise is more important than ever in helping businesses thrive.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
4 Hour Work Week
CONNECT WITH DAMON BURTON
Click Here to get your free copy of Damon’s book ‘Outrank’
Connect with Damon on Facebook
Connect with Damon on Twitter
Connect with Damon on LinkedIn
Connect with Damon on Instagram
Leave a Reply