Marketing a Service, Advice or Software, is more like proposing marriage than it is just selling a washing machine.
In order to turn leads into clients, you must first establish a relationship of trust and influence.
In this episode, Tom Poland shares the steps towards an effective, inbound lead generation system for your business in order to turn leads into quality clients.
Creating an opportunity to get to know your clients first is essential to establish rapport before talking about business. Through inbound marketing, you are able to give your prospects a sample of your brand, services, and ideas, discover who is interested, and then generate quality leads.
Lead generation is essential for your business growth, to get more customers and more profits.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Inbound marketing (2:59)
- Marketing services, advise, or software, you must first trust the person behind the product or service (4:15)
- Creating trust with your clients (4:25)
- Lead magnet (8:07)
- How to find prospects without doing outbound marketing? (8:35)
- OPN: Other people’s Networks (9:29)
- Psychological reciprocity (10:55)
- Podcast interviews to create trust (13:02)
- We all start with a zero email list (14:55)
- The magic is in the beginning of things (15:25)
- Cross-promotion and reciprocation (16:20)
- The importance of doing the debrief (16:40)
- The power of referrals (17:46)
- Turning the disadvantage into an advantage (20:29)
- Always share the benefit of where you are in the journey (21:35)
- Stick strategy (23:20)
- 5 Steps of the concept conveyor (24:00)
- Giving the umbrella view (28:21)
- Social media is like speed dating, a webinar is like taking someone around town (30:45)
- Creating events for your prospects to get to know you (31:08)
Tom started his ﬁrst business at age 24 and has gone on to start and sell four others, taking two of them international.
In that time he’s managed teams of over 100 people and annual revenue of more than 20 million. He’s the best selling author of Leadsology©: The Science of Being In Demand. He’s also shared international speaking platforms with the likes of Michael Gerber of E-Myth fame, Richard Koch from the 80-20 Principle, Brian Tracy and many others.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Marketing The Invisible Podcast
Inbound Marketing by Tom Poland
CONNECT WITH TOM POLAND
Visit Tom’s website – Leadsology.guru
Connect with Tom on LinkedIn
Connect with Tom on Facebook
Connect with Tom on Twitter
Leave a Reply