022: Creating Meaningful Relationships In Business And Life with Kate Mason
How important is teamwork?
Whether it be related to your business, your family, or even your church group, there requires an understanding of each and every person to achieve synergy.
In this episode of the Thought Leaders Business Lab, Samantha chats with Kate Mason, the Director of The Personality Coach, and they discuss personality types and how they affect your relationships.
Discover how the different personality profiling ‘tools’ – from Myers Briggs to the 5 Love Languages, and the Four Temperaments – can help you with personal development and creating relationships that matter. Kate emphasizes that it’s important to start within by understanding yourself in order to understand others. She also talks about the concepts of perception and uniqueness.
Learn how to improve your networking, dealing with team members, how to handle & give negative feedback, and much.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- What is a personality coach? (00:55)
- Parenting extroverts vs. Parenting Introverts. (05:45)
- Working with extroverts and introverts inside your business. (10:20)
- Understand yourself first, to start understanding others. (11:36)
- Perceiving the world: Sensing vs. Intuition (13:10)
- Combining different personalities within your business. (14:31)
- Advice for introverts in business. (19:38)
- Logical thinker vs. feeling person. (21:22)
- Constructing comments, feedback, and critiques for your team. (24:16)
- DISC Profile, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), and the 5 Love Languages. (26:00)
- How can understanding people put money in your pocket? (31:35)
- You can’t please everyone. (33:47)
- Optimistic vs. Pessimistic people. (36:50)
- Perception or reality? (41:45)
- Personality Plus: How to Understand Others by Understanding Yourself by Florence Littauer
- DISc Profile overview
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- 5 Love Languages
CONNECT WITH KATE
CONNECT WITH SAMANTHA