Whilst the global pandemic has led to many businesses experiencing a downturn, there is good news for some industries, including consultancy.
As professionals and experts find themselves out of jobs, there’s been an upward trend of these specialists turning to consultancy and offering their expertise to organisations.
However, knowledge and speciality are not enough to build and sustain a consultancy business.
In this episode consultancy expert Michael Zipursky shares the steps and formulas to build, sustain and expand a consultancy business.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Trends in consultancy during 2020 (02:50)
- Don’t start with marketing; start with ideal client clarity using a niche scoring method (07:25)
- The three-part formula to develop your magnetic message (09:39)
- Apply your message to all your chosen platforms and materials (11:43)
- Reach out to your ideal client and add value to their lives instead of focusing on the sale (12:24)
- Consistent follow-ups win (14:10)
- Adjust your mindset from sales to long-term value-based relationships (16:34)
- Strategy vs Tactics (20:42)
- We all have a tremendous potential to take action (27:40)
Michael Zipursky is the CEO of Consulting Success® and Coach to Consultants. He has advised organizations like the Financial Times, Dow Jones, RBC, and helped Panasonic launch new products into global markets.
More importantly, he has helped over 450 consultants from around the world in over 75 industries add 6 and 7 figures to their annual revenues. Over 35,000 consultants read his weekly consulting newsletter.
Michael is also the author of the Amazon Best Sellers ACT NOW: How Successful Consultants Thrive During Chaos and Uncertainty, The Elite Consulting Mind and Consulting Success: The Proven Guide to Start, Run and Grow a Successful Consulting Business.
Haven’t left a review yet? We’d love your help to get to 100 reviews. All you have to do is go to http://samanthariley.global/itunes Thanks so much for your support of the show.
Do you have a guest suggestion for the Thought Leaders Business Lab podcast, a suggestion for a topic, or maybe a question you’d like answered on the show? Click here and let us know: https://samanthariley.global/submit-suggestion/