As a business owner, it’s important to look at your business holistically so you see the bigger picture. However, there are some parts of the business puzzle that are often overlooked. One of these is focus.
In a day filled with so many tasks, how do you take the next step forward? What do you do when you’re overwhelmed by so many things and your inner drive for perfection freezes you in one spot? How do you even begin to know what you don’t know?
In this episode, award-winning business and marketing coach Shannon Stone discusses the importance of focus in starting and expanding a business. She gives valuable tips on how to know which task to focus on, evaluate what works and what doesn’t, and what to do when you’re stuck in fancy procrastination mode.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- You need to understand why you are implementing a strategy (02:56)
- The number one block that prevents business growth: inability to know what to focus on (04:41)
- Start with the symptoms and dissecting the individual components (06:40)
- Have a conversation with an expert (08:40)
- Focus on the next step forward (10:05)
- Continuously question the things that come up for you (11:29)
- Work through the overwhelm and the drive for perfection (13:06)
- Pushing against the comfort zone vs staying in it (14:11)
- Reflect on great and low points and what contributed to these events happening (16:02)
- Tips to know what works and what doesn’t (19:23)
- Find the balance between the big vision and how to make it happen (21:30)
- Importance of regular progress meetings to check up on “fancy procrastination” (24:08)
- Learn when the fancy stuff like websites or CRM are needed and when they’re not (25:27)
- Business can be easier through focus (29:37)
As an award-winning Business & Marketing Consultant and Mentor, Shannon Stone uses over 10 years of experience and business acumen to help ambitious and impact-driven small businesses find the most efficient path to growth and effective marketing. This leads to more contracts, doubled revenue and successfully scaling for these entrepreneurial ventures.
For her inspiring work, Shannon has been awarded the 2020 International Women’s Day Award for Young Emerging Leader in Business.
Beyond her desire to help small businesses succeed, she also has a strong passion for philanthropic work. She hopes to eradicate poverty by bringing business, accessibility and choice to all corners of the globe.
Haven’t left a review yet? We’d love your help to get to 100 reviews. All you have to do is go to http://samanthariley.global/itunes Thanks so much for your support of the show.
Do you have a guest suggestion for the Thought Leaders Business Lab podcast, a suggestion for a topic, or maybe a question you’d like answered on the show? Click here and let us know: https://samanthariley.global/submit-suggestion/