The About page is often the forgotten page. Many businesses forget that the About Us or About Me page is one of the most important in a website. It’s where people usually land when they enter your website. It introduces who you are, what you do, what you stand for, and how you help people. It’s one of the most powerful sales pages on the entire website if done correctly.
In this episode, messaging strategist and copywriter Kathryn Thompson discusses the importance of the About page. She also shares tips on how to make this section pop while containing essential information. She also talks about issues that many people grapple with like being reluctant to toot our own horn or adding lead magnets on this page. Kathryn’s wealth of knowledge will make you view your About page in a different light after listening to this episode!
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Kathryn’s business and services (01:32)
- The importance of the About Page (02:23)
- Balance being professional and showing your quirks and authenticity (04:12)
- What do you include on the page? (08:06)
- Touch on qualifications that are relevant to your audience (10:23)
- Toot your own horn (13:33)
- Writing in the third person vs the first person (15:34)
- Parts of the About page (17:37)
- The design aspect of the page (21:07)
- Lead magnets on the About page? (23:15)
- Other things to consider (25:33)
- Get a third perspective about your business (27:34)
- Write copy that converts (30:54)
- A final piece of advice (32:34)
How To Write Copy That Converts
Kathryn Thompson is a messaging strategist and copywriter with more than 15 years of experience. She graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Saskatchewan and a Master of Arts in Professional Communication from Royal Roads University.
After many years working in Saskatchewan for private and public sector organizations, Kathryn branched out and started her business consulting firm, Creatively Owned. She’s passionate about helping online experts master their messaging so they create the impact and income they desire.
Haven’t left a review yet? We’d love your help to get to 100 reviews. All you have to do is go to https://samanthariley.global/itunes Thanks so much for your support of the show.
Do you have a guest suggestion for the Thought Leaders Business Lab podcast, a suggestion for a topic, or maybe a question you’d like answered on the show? Click here and let us know: https://samanthariley.global/submit-suggestion/