026: Building A Life Of Purpose Before Business with Ian Ugarte
How awesome would it be if your business was financially secure and socially impactful at the same time?
Joining us in this episode of Thought Leaders Business Lab Podcast is Ian Ugarte, Co-Founder of ‘Small is the New Big’, consultant, and real-estate adviser. Ian shares with us today how business success can be more satisfying and achievable when we prioritize becoming valuable for the greater good.
The aim of Ian and his wife is to alleviate the housing affordability crisis in Australia for the community. They’re creating affordable housing available to people with low income while still building a profitable business. He emphasizes the difference you can make when you lead with your heart and values when running your business.
Discover the difference between charities and social enterprises, and learn how you can make the biggest difference if your goal is to be socially impactful.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- Ian’s career journey from a plumber-builder to a successful property investor. (00:45)
- First, the community, second, the money. (03:23)
- The threat of Artificial Intelligence (AI) taking over jobs (11:51)
- How can we best benefit our business by meeting the needs of people? (16:04)
- “Rich people have money; wealthy people have time.” (18:30)
- Running the business from your heart and your values. (21:20)
- The importance of collaboration with your team. (23:30)
- Mind your own business and business values. Don’t worry about the competition. (24:27)
- Be more impactful by collaborating with charities and social enterprises. (26:55)
- The Community as a central focus in your business. (34:00)
CONNECT WITH SAMANTHA