Have you noticed a disturbing trend on Facebook and Instagram with people reaching out to connect, and moving onto selling as quickly as 20 seconds?
It’s like, “Hi! I’m pleased to meet you. What’s the biggest problem you have with getting clients right now?”
The conversation goes quickly from connection messages to let me sell to you. It’s spammy and uncomfortable.
On the other side, there are people who are so uncomfortable that they will be perceived for showing up like this, that they’re holding themselves back. They’re not expanding their network; they’re not speaking to new people, not posting new content, and not building relationships.
Becoming a trusted thought leader is not just about the number of connections that you have but it’s about cultivating trust, giving value, and building relationships.
In this episode, we’ll discuss best practices to position yourself as a trusted authority.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- The story of Mr X (4:01)
- People will forget you if you don’t do anything (5:03)
- Cultivate trust (5:47)
- Offer value (8:26)
- Research people before you connect with them (8:56)
- Look at how you build the relationship (9:35)
- Have depth in your engagement (10:44)
- Trust opens new doors (10:50)
- Relationships are developed over time (11:10)
Episode 238: Discover Your Wellness Why with Heather Denniston