As you grow, you can’t continue to do everything on your own in business. The hardest part in building a team is with the first hire or making the decision to let go of something. But once you realize how awesome it feels to delegate something from your plate, there’s no problem moving forward.
Do you find managing people challenging? If so, I’ve been in your shoes.
I swore I didn’t want a team again, and believed I wasn’t great at managing a team.
I didn’t have a system, I didn’t have boundaries, and I didn’t know enough about building a culture – or even how to build one. Once I’d come to this realization, I knew I needed to do things differently the next time around.
Because we’re dealing with people with real-life problems, building and managing a team will never go smoothly. We’re all humans and we need a system to be able to manage ourselves when something unpleasant arises.
In this episode, Tim and I talk about team building, how to manage, grow, and develop your team from zero to hero. Over the last 12 months, it’s a topic I’ve been asked about frequently as we’ve grown our team significantly.
So, do you want to learn how to manage your team effectively? Let’s dive in.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Your team gives you massive leverage in your business (8:23)
- Tim shares his first hire (10:31)
- Where you should start when hiring (13:54)
- The incompetent zone (15:17)
- The five different types of engagement (17:58)
- Hiring freelancers (21:22)
- Part-time and full-time employees (23:21)
- Hiring an agency (24:49)
- Samantha’s team of Genies (26:46)