It’s crucial for every entrepreneur to know the areas to focus on to scale up the business. Although there is no set formula, it always begins with knowing the pain points of your customers and how you can be of service.
In this episode, Samantha is joined by the founder and CEO of Founder Space, Steve Hoffman popularly known as Captain Hoff. He shares what he has learned over the years from starting multiple businesses, to where he is now, helping startups find investors and launching.
Steve is truly a captain in entrepreneurship – he guides clients through major pivots, changing direction and staying on track. Furthermore, he acknowledges the benefit of creating better relationships with clients, and getting the right message to them.
If you want to know about scaling your business, let’s enter the lab.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Steve’s journey into entrepreneurship (01:55)
- What is venture funding? (04:37)
- Steve’s criteria for choosing ideal clients (07:40)
- How does Steve fill the gap in the market? (12:29)
- Knowing when to pivot, change direction, or stay on course (16:24)
- The importance of getting the right and clear message across (25:12)
- Understanding the pain points of your customers (27:25)
- Steve’s advice for people in sales (29:18)
- Founder Space
- Make Elephants Fly: The Process of Radical Innovation
- Surviving a Startup: Practical Strategies for Starting a Business, Overcoming Obstacles, and Coming Out on Top
- The Five Forces That Change Everything: How Technology is Shaping Our Future
Steve Hoffman (Captain Hoff) has had more careers than cats have lives, from Hollywood TV exec and game designer to manga rewriter, voice actor, animator, electrical engineer, studio head, and video game designer.
Today, he’s the Captain & CEO of Founders Space, one of the world’s leading startup accelerators. Founders Space was ranked the #1 incubator for overseas startups by Forbes and Entrepreneur Magazines