If you want to build your authority and position yourself as the trusted thought leader that people turn to, speaking from stages is one of the best ways to achieve your goal. If you’re a coach, expert, or course creator, speaking helps you build your authority, your audience, and your influence.
In this episode, Samantha is joined by Con Koutsikas, a public speaking and communications expert, and host of his podcast, ‘A Cuppa with The Con Versationalist’.
He is passionate about helping businesses and individuals create deeper relationships and greater success through better speaking and communication skills.
If you want to know more on how to be an authoritative speaker, let’s enter the lab.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Con’s windy journey into public speaking (02:21)
- Start to reframe the fear (07:09)
- Preparing to show up and be a great speaker (11:53)
- Venue and environment are essential (16:52)
- Preparing for the worst and setting a plan in place (17:36)
- Visualization into speaking practice (18:31)
- Con’s take on practicing your talk (20:50)
- Advice on giving a keynote (22:35)
- Relatability and the power of the pause (24:14)
- Speaking on different platforms (26:18)
- The best way to start public speaking (30:08)
- The Top 5 Proven Strategies to Eliminate your Fear of Public Speaking
- How do you rate yourself as a speaker or communicator?
- Toastmasters International Australia
- A Cuppa with The Con Versationalist Podcast – iTunes
- A Cuppa with The Con Versationalist Podcast – Spotify
Con Koutsikas is a Key Note Speaker, Public Speaking and Communications expert, coach and mentor running corporate and public group workshops and one on one coaching.
Con is also host of his podcast, ‘A Cuppa with The Con Versationalist’
Con is passionate about helping businesses and individuals create deeper relationships and greater success through better speaking and communication skills.