Episode 7: Adding Humour is Serious Business with Kate Burr
If you are active on social media, you’re most probably consuming a lot of jokes, funny or icky videos, and even viral memes every single day. Our guest for today, Kate Burr, tells us consuming funny content could be a big business asset!
Learning the skill of adding humour to your content, could improve the way you present your business to future investors, partners and consumers. And we’re talking about different platforms for engagement – personal, print, and digital. Being funny on your keynote presentations or even in your business’ digital marketing could easily attract and increase the interactions with your audience.
Kate Burr is an expert on how to add humour to presentations, keynotes, and digital media content, for thought leaders and business experts. Her background in stand-up comedy and passion for business could help you achieve your business goals.
Her advice: remember to be yourself, to know your style, and to make people laugh!
Hope you enjoy today’s episode of Thought Leaders Business Lab!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- Kate discusses the concept of being ‘funny on purpose.’ (0:35)
- How can we be funny and still gain respect during presentations? (01:32)
- You to be yourself and be funny at the same time. (04:00)
- Tips on how to incorporate humour into your business. (05:42)
- Humour could increase your business’ audience engagement. (07:23)
- Is there a framework or a system to follow on how to start adding humour? (12:40)
- Being funny won’t get in the way of professionalism! (14:32)
- Examples of success stories from thought leaders and experts in using humor in social media. (17:28)
- When’s the best time to practice after I’ve filled up and learned on funny content? (22:28)
- And many more!