Can you imagine how hard it would be to live with a chronic illness and hold down a job, not knowing if your health will hold up?
Or, if you can juggle your work commitments with medical appointments and fluctuating stress and energy levels?
As today’s guest will share, it’s not easy, In fact, without an understanding employer, it’s impossible.
In this episode, I speak with Patricia Scheetz, founder of The Sweetest Gift. Patricia shares the obstacles she encountered in her life as the result of a chronic illness, and how she used her experience to start a nonprofit organisation to help empower other chronically ill people.
Learn how Patricia used her passion and love of pastries to support transplant recipients and people living with chronic illnesses by providing a stable, flexible and inclusive workplace – something that many people take for granted.
You will feel inspired by her story as she provides insight to be able to view the blessings that surround us.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- Patricia’s story: how being diagnosed with diabetes as a baby affected her life, leading to her becoming an organ donor recipient as an adult and the inspirations that arose from her experience. (0:32)
- How Patricia found her passion and made a business from it. (6:00)
- How Patricia became inspired to help empower people with chronic illnesses or that were organ donor recipients. (7:17)
- How chronic illnesses affect people in their workplace along with feeling socially isolated. (10:22)
- Why Patricia started a nonprofit pastry restaurant to help employ chronically ill people, and the positive effects that it has for its employees. (12:59)
- How Patricia was able to use her passion as a pastry chef and combined it to fulfill her life’s purpose of helping others. (17:39)
Patricia has led an extraordinary life for her 36 years – a double organ transplant recipient, she has cheated death 3 times, surviving some incredible health challenges. Not being one to give up or be told that she can’t do something, Patricia has spent her almost 8 years’ post-transplant living a life that may would dream to in a lifetime – combining her passions of baking and helping others into her life’s purpose in her charity, The Sweetest Gift.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SWEETEST GIFT:
CONNECT WITH SAMANTHA