014: How To Build & Lead High Performing Teams with James Short
Behind every successful entrepreneur is a great team! And to build your own high-performing team, you have to be the most effective leader to guide them.
In today’s episode, we talk to James Short, the owner and Head Coach of GoalsTribe, on strategies to be an effective leader for your team.
Remember: Leadership starts within you. It starts with your goals and motivation. Everything will then manifest with how you lead your team.
James introduces the Leadership Advantage Model which has 3 key areas: Build, Train, and Leverage. He shares the importance of personality profiling, having a people plan, empowering your team, understanding the communication styles, aligning values, recruiting the right team member and many more.
- Leadership starts within you. It starts with the person you see every morning on the mirror. (01:16)
- Personal Brand. How do you hold yourself with your community? (02:29)
- Communication. It’s important to know where you want to go. (02:40)
- Empower your team. Understand the team member’s goals and aligning it to your business goals could be beneficial both ways. (03:20)
- How to recruit the right team members. (05:32
- Build your team on a good strong foundation. (11:05)
- 3 Key Goals of Businesses: profitability, purpose, and peace of mind. (11:50)
- 3 Key Components when building your high-performance team: Build, Train, and Leverage. (12:19)
- What happens if we lack one of the them? (12:47)
- 1st: Build. Hiring the suitable team members and creating the work culture. (13:22)
- 3 Components: Recruitment Strategy, Onboarding, and Team Involvement. (13:25)
- 2nd: Train. Introducing the business’ missions, visions, values, and KPI’s to the team. (14:32)
- 3rd: Leverage. Managing and retaining high-performing people. (14:44)
- What are the things we should look into when recruiting? (16:03)
- Reviewing your People Plan. (16:52)
- Find the right team member. Tasks can be taught but values and attitudes can’t be taught. (18:15)
- Personality profiling to complement the team. (22:38)
- The importance of sharing the business’ vision with the whole team. (28:15)
- Values alignment is important. (31:47)
- Creating vision boards with the team is another technique to get your business and team on track. (32:55)
- What do you do to retain the team members? (34:30)
- Tips on how to start leadership within. (38:28)
- The Leadership Advantage Model – Download Here
- Free E-Book – “Getting Started” – Download Here
CONNECT WITH SAMANTHA
Leave a Reply