Many busy entrepreneurs hire virtual assistants, also known as VA’s, but don’t know how to onboard, train, or even assign tasks to these remote employees. In the end, they think that hiring VA’s doesn’t work.
In this episode, Nathan Hirsch shares tips on what to expect when hiring VAs, different types of assistants, what to consider when hiring VAs, and what systems to implement to maximize the skills and talents of different VAs.
Take the first step in cracking the VA code in this episode.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- FreeUp’s journey, from start-up to sale (00:39)
- Importance of Standard Operating Procedures – SOP’s (4:30)
- Give VAs ownership of SOP’s (6:09)
- Exiting a business (7:00)
- How to get ideas for your next business (9:30)
- System problems and solutions as regards hiring VAs (13:13)
- VA calculator (15:54)
- How to decide on which VA to hire (18:36)
- Hiring “Followers” (18:43)
- Hiring “Doers” (19:14)
- Hiring “Experts” (19:48)
- Process for on-call freelancers (21:30)
- Hiring people with prior experience (23:17)
- Hiring people who has minimum experience but will “mesh” with a team (24:32)
- CARE and SICC methods to use when hiring VAs (25:14)
- Out-of-the-box tasks that VAs can do (29:16)
From July 3 to July 10 midnight PST, get a 25% discount for Cracking the VA Code. That includes a 1 Year Membership to Outsource School and a 1 Year Subscription to SimplySOP.
CLICK HERE to get your 25% discount – be sure to use the code ‘LAB’ at checkout.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Thought Leaders Business Lab episode 129 – Free Up Your Time And Scale Your Business
Nathan Hirsch is a 30-year-old entrepreneur who’s been scaling businesses since 2009. His first business, Portlight, sold over $30 million in sales through Amazon. He then co-founded FreeeUp with an initial $5,000 investment in 2015, scaled it to $12M per year in revenue, and sold it profitably in 2019.
Today, Nathan shares his roadmap for scaling businesses with virtual assistants through OutsourceSchool, a company working to educate entrepreneurs on how to effectively hire and scale with virtual assistants through in-depth courses.
With all of his businesses, Nathan has hired and scaled with hundreds of virtual assistants and freelancers from all over the world. He has built himself into a social media personality online, has appeared on over 300+ podcasts, and has spoken at industry events to thousands about remote hiring.
Join the discussion thread for this episode over at The Thought Leaders Business Lab Community Facebook Group.
Haven’t left a review yet? We’d love your help to get to 100 reviews. All you have to do is go to http://samanthariley.global/itunes Thanks so much for your support of the show!
Do you have a guest suggestion for the Thought Leaders Business Lab podcast, a suggestion for a topic, or maybe a question you’d like answered on the show? Click here and let us know: https://samanthariley.global/submit-suggestion/