Business plans that were made 3 or 4 months ago may come off as dissonant today. With today’s financial and economic crisis, it is critical for businesses to think about their audience and what they’re going through. Understanding their client’s needs and how these needs have shifted in the last few months is key to pivoting your business.
In this episode, we delve into marketing as a holistic approach and re-aligning your business through authentic connection, understanding, and empathizing with your audience.
Businesses can set themselves apart and thrive in today’s crisis through a holistic marketing approach by understanding that every little task is part of a bigger strategy and that everything is connected.
As an entrepreneur, collaboration, not competition is key.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Marketing is a holistic approach (1:46)
- Doing the deeper work with your ideal client avatar (2:45)
- Trial and error (3:02)
- The biggest opportunity for businesses right now (3:33)
- Connection, understanding, and empathy (4:52)
- Connecting with your audience on a deeper level (5:17)
- Human connection cannot be automated (5:30)
- Reaching out to your audience (5:55)
- The Law of Reciprocity (6:30)
- Pivoting from your audience’s perspective (6:45)
- Copy-catting (6:57)
- Being visible as a leader (7:46)
- Authentic leadership (8:25)
- Empathy with small business owners (9:18)
- The importance of a support network (14:55)
- Out of adversity comes opportunity (17:50)
- Collaboration over competition (18:36)
- Using the online space for your business (19:16)
- Monetizing your skills (20:09)
- Where should people focus when building a knowledge-based business? (21:44)
- Low-leverage pivoting (23:27)
- Getting your message out clearly (24:46)
- Online program creation (30:39)
- The massive influx of e-learning (32:31)
- Finding your community (34:26)
- Being emotionally invested in your client’s outcome (35:27)
Jonathan Callinan is a high level digital marketing strategist who helps business professionals go from scrambling to scaling their revenue online, without any fluff or the usual trial and terror.
Jonathan has launched and managed several successful online ventures over the past 12 years, including The Wellness Directory; one of NZ’s most popular health sites.
This project alone has helped to generate over 500,000 appointment bookings online for natural health professionals up and down the country.
Outside the wellness space, Jonathan enjoys working with heart-centred, big picture entrepreneurs whom are driven by creating positive change and impact on a global scale.
Right now, he is on a mission (alongside his biz partner, Jeremy) to level the marketing playing field for small businesses by rolling out an all-in-one website, landing page and course builder (‘Course Commander’) through their versatile digital agency in Auckland – The Online Business Accelerator.
CONNECT WITH JONATHAN CALLINAN
Join Jonathan’s Facebook Group: No Fluff Marketing for Today’s Awakened Entrepreneurs
CONNECT WITH SAMANTHA RILEY
Join me on Instagram and Facebook
Connect with me on LinkedIn.
Join the discussion thread for this episode over at The Thought Leaders Business Lab Community Facebook Group.
Leave a Reply