Isaac Newton said it perfectly, “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants”.
This simply means, building on the knowledge and success made by others in order to help with your own growth and success.
When it comes to business success, there is no one single formula. Which makes it difficult to boil everything down to a short list of boxes that you have to tick to become successful in business.
In this episode, we delve into the traits for business success that we have learned through our own experiences. We discuss the traits we have observed successful entrepreneurs have and the way they conduct themselves in their businesses.
Finding success in entrepreneurship is no easy task, but focusing on taking imperfect action will move the needle for your business. And remember, building a successful business is not a sprint, but a marathon.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Longevity, tenacity, grit and resilience (1:46)
- How do you wow people to build relationships? (3:50)
- Not being afraid to invest in relationships (5:16)
- Understanding the power of people (5:40)
- Without people you don’t have customers (5:50)
- Surrounding yourself with the right people (6:27)
- The value of networking (7:24)
- Prioritizing your time (7:59)
- Business growth comes in small bites (9:50)
- Focusing on one thing per week (10:03)
- Deepening business relationships (11:03)
- Working on your business vs working in your business (12:50)
- Taking action (14:00)
- Taking imperfect action (14:17)
- There is nothing perfect for everyone (15:40)
- Perfectionism vs procrastination (16:00)
- How long should you block out working on your business (16:30)
- Asking for feedback and ideas (19:36)
- Successful people know that they can’t do it alone (20:11)
- Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable (21:20)
Matt Ward Speaks