Part of the challenge of being an entrepreneur is that there’s no guidebook. We figure things out as we go. The same goes with creating and launching an online course.
One of the most impactful ways to get your knowledge out in the marketplace, establish yourself as an expert in your field, and create passive income is through online courses. But launching and creating a successful online course is not always easy.
In this episode, I am joined by Danny Iny and we delve into the reasons why people fail or struggle in creating their online programs and courses.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Failure is essential in an entrepreneur’s journey (7:08)
- Reasons why people struggle (8:36)
- How to make sure your course design will be attractive to the marketplace (10:00)
- How far should you niche down? (12:15)
- Getting feedback from the marketplace (13:56)
- Getting feedback from the right people (16:40)
- The world doesn’t owe you customers (17:25)
- The two sides of marketing (18:48)
- Lead generation (19:00)
- The right question to ask when marketing (23:00)
- Why selling to strangers is hard (25:19)
- Business can be simple, it’s just not easy (25:49)
- Why people fail in creating their online programs (27:58)
Danny Iny is the founder and CEO of Mirasee, and a leading voice in the world of online courses.
He has been featured in the Harvard Business Review and Entrepreneur, and contributes regularly to publications including Inc., Forbes, and Business Insider. He has spoken at institutions like Yale University and organizations like Google, and his work on strategy training won special recognition from Fast Company as a “World Changing Idea.”
He is also the author of multiple best-selling books about online education and business, including Leveraged Learning, Teach Your Gift, and most recently Effortless.
Haven’t left a review yet? We’d love your help to get to 100 reviews. All you have to do is go to http://samanthariley.global/itunes Thanks so much for your support of the show.
Do you have a guest suggestion for the Thought Leaders Business Lab podcast, a suggestion for a topic, or maybe a question you’d like answered on the show? Click here and let us know: https://samanthariley.global/submit-suggestion/