Do you feel like your team is underperforming? Then today’s episode is for you, because we’re discussing building an effective team.
To build and grow an effective team, there needs to be a certain amount of accountability on both sides.
As the business owner, it’s up to you to share the vision of where your business is heading. Imagine yourself as the bus driver and your team members as passengers. You need to share your vision and values with your team, to ensure your team members are all heading in the same direction. If you jump out of the bus, your team can’t go any further – they have no driver!
I often hear business owners complaining that their team isn’t being proactive, or they’re not on the same page, but your team will not be effective if they have no vision, or if you’re not giving them the resources that they need to succeed.
As the business owner, it’s your job to create the environment for your team to perform at the level that you want them to.
In this episode, Tim and I discuss the building blocks needed to create an effective team.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Share your vision and your values (6:30)
- Hire the right fit for the team – not the task (10:30)
- Have a specific onboarding process (12:17)
- Ongoing training and development (19:00)
- Regular communication (23:27)
- Implement a performance review process (27:42)
- Tim’s personal experience with running teams (32:33)
- Samantha’s take on how to build an effective team (34:16)